Sunday 18 June 2017

Why we love a challenge

14 June 2017
Look at this -
I'm feeling depressed. It's raining. There is no wildlife to photograph. All the pictures I took at the local museum are blurred, the internet connection in the van is crap, my photo programme Lightroom has crashed, and now the heating won't work, and my laptop won't charge. I check the reading on the voltometer - 10.2 volts. I've been wondering how low it could go before things stopped working. Now I know. It has to be over 11. With no sun today I've had nothing going in.
So that was the last straw?
No, actually that saved the evening from misery. I had to find a solution and the obvious one was to plug into the hook-up power on the camp site. A few minutes later everything looked different. The mains charger was working, the volts were going up steadily and so was my mood. There didn't seem to be any monitoring on which pitch was using which socket - there are no set pitches in Iceland camp sites. I was tempted to say nothing, but decided that I would  have to pay or I would feel bad. The camping here is charged per person regardless of what you are sleeping in, so it's cheap. The electricity is usually the same price, so not cheap, but here I'm happy to pay.
Big problem: problem solved. That's why we love a challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment