Thursday 22 June 2017

The End of the Fjord

This is Runar who seems to the boss man at the campsite in Seidisfjordur:
I thought he was a Yorkshireman, but it turns out he is Icelandic but spent a lot of time in Nottingham. Anyway he was very helpful in sorting out some wifi for me and was one of the many reasons I enjoyed the last two nights in this charming little town. It has a real Scandinavian feel to it - a lot of Iceland settlements look and feel more like US or Australian frontier towns. Here are some pics.

I have lots more but I'm now on board the ship heading for the Faroes and the wifi here, like everything else on the ship, is expensive and unbelievably slow, so I'll have to sign off until a better connection is available.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Richard ans thank you for your kind words about me. It was my pleasure to help you and I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our campsite. I have been reading through your blog and it is a great read. And your picture are fantastic as well. Have a great rest of your holiday and a safe journey home.
    All the best.
    RĂșnar

    ReplyDelete